DRC pensioner dies in shack fire
Contributed by NAMPA.
SWAKOPMUND, 14 SEP (NAMPA) - A 64-year-old man died in a shack fire in the DRC informal settlement here on Tuesday evening.
The deceased has been identified as Joseph Haimbodi.
Namibian Police Force Crime Investigations Coordinator for Erongo, Region Deputy Commissioner Erastus Iikuyu confirmed the incident to Nampa on Wednesday.
Haimbodiís wife, Magrieta Korsten, told police she left him smoking a cigarette in their shack and went to watch television at their neighbours at about 20h30.